LNH/META: Wiki Entry I'm Really Proud Of Spotlight #1

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 01:06:26 PDT 2015

On 8/28/2015 2:46 PM, Saxon Brenton wrote:
<snip>
> Huh.  Certainly an impressive amount of lyricism in it.

Yeah, I got the opening all at once and worked from there.

> Now, my first thought was to wonder whether lyricism is actually
> appropriate for a hard SF concept related to the Singularity.  But
> then it occured to me that 'sufficiently advanced indistinguishable
> from...'.  It's cool.

Indeed. <3 I've been reading more hard SF lately, and trying to reach for the
stuff that really hits that sense of wonder and scope - the stuff that really
expresses the sense that this is something bigger than our current
understanding, you know? All too much 'classic' SF just acts like these amazing,
viewpoint-bending concepts just click perfectly within our social context, and
our vocabulary, and our ways of thinking - as if the version that's shaved down
to fit in the square hole is a square, instead of a polymorphous hypercube.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, or eleven-dimensional Rubik's cube.