TOF: The Truth About Fiction #7

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 04:01:44 PDT 2015

On 8/20/2015 11:11 PM, Michael D Friedman wrote:
<snip>
>Glowy, which is what I've decided to call Jamal's goldfish

C'mon, you know his name is Binky. `-`

>I look back at the mansion's windows to see if I can make out the figure I
 > thought I saw. The figure that I thought for a second was my dad. There's
 > nothing there. I'm crazy. My dad is dead.
>
> Why am I here?

Well, if it makes you feel better, you can justify it by saying that you want to
root out whoever would make a profit off claiming that your parents are alive.
(if it helps you ignore the devil on your shoulder whispering impossible truths)

> "Jamal," I say as I tap his shoulder repeatedly. "Wakey, wakey. We have to go to the Mansion."
>
> "Don't go to the Mansion," Jamal replies in an almost trance-like state.
>
> He's useless. Like I said.

Uuuuuuugh you're just this constantly judgmental person >:/ >:/ >:/

>Other than that, they seem to be carrying on fairly normal lives. Some Joes
 > are reading the newspaper. There are a few Joes watching TV. There's a Joe vs
 > Joe chess match that looks pretty entertaining.
>
> The normalcy is weird. Shouldn't they be sacrificing goats, or something cultish?

Man, if you don't start imagining other people complexly, *I*'m gonna reanimate
your parents. >:/ (...what?)

>My "Mom" walks down the stairs, slow and sexy -- a way that no mom should
 > ever approach her son. It's just damn weird. And I've seen a lot of weird
 > stuff tonight.
>
> "Welcome home, son," she says, giving me a hug.

So, clone? Alien shapeshifter? Alternate-universe version? Spirit beings
summoned by the faith of the Joes into physical simulacra of our esteemed main
character's parents? Taking all bets!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, maybe they're living memes.