SW10/WWW: Power-Star Comics 1984 #5: Happy Bears!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Aug 21 17:17:25 PDT 2015

On 8/21/2015 1:36 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 8/19/2015 10:41 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> <snip>
>> I actually did conceive of the Doom Bear in 1984, when Care Bears
>> and the like were in fashion. I added Happy Bears as I put the Doom
>> Bear in the first adventures of Ellipsis.
>
> Ahhhhhhhh, that makes sense. And I guess the other Doomnimals came out
> of that?

actually, no!  I'd never envisioned more than the one.  Meanwhile one
Vaughn Gross invented the Doom Koala of Speed independently, before he
even met me.  When he submitted the Doom Koala in the Ellipsis-based
campaign I was running, I said, "Okay, I have a place for that", to
which he responded...  "You do??"  Coincidentally, Mary O'Hanrahan
(first wearer of the "USIB" suits) joined the campaign at the same time,
as did one mage who got assigned Wyatt Ferguson in his supporting cast.
  And that is how Wyatt first got into an Ellipsis story...  Stuff like
that made me so nostalgic for a shared universe, it got me posting to
RACC a decade later!

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, bouncing here and there and everywhere~

Boingy boingy boingy!

I know. - Archie Andrews