SW10/WWW: Power-Star Comics 1984 #5: Happy Bears!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Aug 19 19:41:32 PDT 2015

Oh, my.  Happy Bears (and their villain) actually were a concept I had
in 1984.  Now they're likely to take over Free Powernaut Comic Day 2016.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1984.htm#5

I actually did conceive of the Doom Bear in 1984, when Care Bears and
the like were in fashion.  I added Happy Bears as I put the Doom Bear in
the first adventures of Ellipsis.  When I put Ellipsis in a gaming
campaign, the Doom Bear was an early opponent - and these were '90s
heroes, so they tested the powers of Happy Bears also.  When I needed
guest stars for Powernaut 1985, Happy Bears were among them.  (I'd
actually planned "Li'l Trolls", until I remembered Happy Bears ever
existed.)  When I was challenged to write the Manly-Man 1984 comic,
Happy Bears were a natural sequel.  To explain what Happy Bears do for
excitement, I practically *had* to mention the Doom Bear. So, the Doom
Bear has come a long way to appear in a 1984 comic at last.  So, he has
some Wiki support...

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Doom_Bear.htm

I know. - Archie Andrews