8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 20, August 2015, by Messrs. Brenton, Perron, Russell, and Stokes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Aug 8 16:32:25 PDT 2015

On 8/8/2015 1:16 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:

> You know, this reminds me of something I was thinking about. After
> another friend said that the meta-ness of the LNH prevented immersion
> for them, I gotta wonder if my idea of "immersion" is different from
> everyone else's - because I'm fully able to be what I consider
> "immersed" while, at the same time, being perfectly aware that I *am*
> reading, and that what I'm reading is fiction (and not particularly
> realistic fiction, at that). Heck, I couldn't have made it through
> Limp-Asparagus Lad were it otherwise, and that's one of my favorites.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, pondersome.

heh.  I used to "immerse" myself in fiction, but only by *inserting*
myself (or my favorite avatar) into it.  A lot of my stories come from
stuff like that.  But I don't do a lot of that anymore, because I insert
myself into my *own* stories.  And that's just as well.  I used to come
up with stuff like a Captain America / Daredevil / Ellipsis team-up...
That concept has not survived.

I know. - Archie Andrews