8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 20, August 2015, by Messrs. Brenton, Perron, Russell, and Stokes

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:16:49 PDT 2015

On 8/8/2015 11:28 AM, deucexm wrote:
> On Friday, August 7, 2015 at 11:15:27 PM UTC-5, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On 8/7/2015 9:37 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
<snip>
>>> .... gee, Andrew, it must be fun to say "extirpate".  8{D>
>>
>> IT IS. :D (This in specific was a Skin Horse reference!)
>>
> I /knew/ that sounded terribly familiar!  Also, it completely suits Andrew's
> sense of style.

*cackles* I mean, I had to have them suggest that sort of thing, and it just
seemed perfect.

> It is /so/ much fun to see all these stories side-by-side in the same universe,
> with different tones and verbiage and structure and whatnot, and yet know that
> despite their differences they're all - at least in some sense - linked.

HELL YEAH. :D

> And also that they /don't/ have any glaring mechanical errors that detract from
> the enjoyment of reading.  (That's a huge immersion-killer for me.)

You know, this reminds me of something I was thinking about. After another
friend said that the meta-ness of the LNH prevented immersion for them, I gotta
wonder if my idea of "immersion" is different from everyone else's - because I'm
fully able to be what I consider "immersed" while, at the same time, being
perfectly aware that I *am* reading, and that what I'm reading is fiction (and
not particularly realistic fiction, at that). Heck, I couldn't have made it
through Limp-Asparagus Lad were it otherwise, and that's one of my favorites.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, pondersome.