LNH: The Daily LNH Wiki Entry Spotlight #9

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Aug 7 17:48:50 PDT 2015

On 8/7/2015 3:10 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
> Scott posted:
>
>>Okay, I respect Halls of Fame, even if I just visit later.  It's
>>probably time to polish up some of the winners' Wiki entries, though.
>>For instance...  If "Jellomancer" got one of these awards, where's its
>>commemorative plaque?
>
> I suppose it would be nice if the Jellomancer had an entry (and links
>
> to the stories I guess would also be nice.)  (But too lazy to do that
>
> myself.)
>

>>And did the September 11 issue of Limp-Asparagus
>>Boy really win a 2009 award?
>
> The people who voted in 2009 liked it better than the other possible
> choices that didn't get in.

... ah, right.  For some reason until five minutes ago, I was suffering
a brain fart in which I read "11" and thought "2011", thereby detecting
a chronal paradox.  So, that said, the story was worthy.

>>Before we vote anything else into the Hall of Fame, it will be good to
>>consider which of the previous inductees have stood the test of time.
>>Some obviously have; even I hear about "wReam" all the time.  Others,
>>not so much...  I leave it at that.
>
> I'd love to see you come up with some objective manner in which that could
> be done.

Well, like any judges, we will still judge subjectively but grow in
maturity of judgment.  There is one objective measure we can take,
though:  Reduce the number of Hall of Fame awards per year.  One award
per year will eventually build into a big Lifetime Achievement gallery.

> But when it gets down to it these things tend to be decided by the
> subjective opinion of those that can be bothered to vote.  And the
> people who don't vote just have to live with it.
>
> Arthur "Democracy.." Spitzer

Yeah, I was around in 2009.  But being new to the group, I didn't vote.
  I'll join in the next vote, though.  *Then* we can talk some more
about how I like to decide things.  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews