SW10/WWW: Power-Star Comics 1984 #3: Solar Sail Roboto!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 20:11:44 PDT 2015

On 8/6/2015 10:11 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> What would the 1980s be without giant robots - or Japanese manga about girls in
> sailor suits?  Andrew Perron has contributed a concept which has both!

:D

> Solar Sail Roboto deserves some design notes...  I'm borrowing Andrew Perron's
> team the Solar Sails, with one important difference:   These robots merge, in
> finest 1980s fashion.  This will be important for the 1985 series, just to keep
> the story from being visually dominated by five giant robots.

Which makes a lot of sense, TBH. There's a reason most superteams only have one
character whose power is Grows Really Big.

> I think Andrew and I have successfully established that my robots are different
> from his.  This makes sense, because they're twenty years apart; mine are
> (probably) predecessors to his.  This strip has some *LNH* Wiki support to which
> Andrew and I have both contributed recently.  http://lnhq.info/wiki/Solar%20Sails

Mine are definitely more on the Sailor Moon side than the Transformers side, in
terms of characterization and purpose. It's interesting to see someone else take
the same concept and flip that aspect.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, love collaboration, love other people
playing with my toys