META: Well, I'm here. What do you want me to do?

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 22:37:15 PDT 2015

Also, it's interesting - this is essentially what one of the big storylines is
about: Usenet, and the need for new readers.

To simplify outrageously:

The Legion of Net.Heroes is the biggest storytelling universe on RACC. It's a
superhero-based setting (actually several different universes' worth of
settings) that's heavy on parody and metafiction, but also has a lot of genuine
plot, characterization, worldbuilding and emotion.

A recent plot in this world has been the Crossover Queen, one of those great bad
guys who thinks they're the hero of the story, gaining cosmic powers and going
on a crusade to restore Usenet to its former glory by starting the Ultimate
Crossover and conquering every site on the Internet. (System Corrupters #32 is
actually a flashback to the beginning of this quest.) The latest step in this
conflict has been in Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will Probably Never
Have an Ending, which was a story about (among other things) overcoming apathy
and still caring about this crazy little fictional world.

So, essentially, we're taking the need for new blood, and the problem of how to
get it and how to keep things going, and putting it straight into the text and
adding colors and explosions and silly names. It's fun! <3

(And if you want to read the aforementioned story:
http://www.lnhq.info/wiki/Just%20Another%20Multi-Writer%20Cascade%20That%20Will%20Probably%20Never%20Have%20an%20Ending
)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, intertextuality 4eva