HCC: HCC #55: Required Elements

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Aug 4 20:02:59 PDT 2015

On 8/4/2015 6:12 PM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 4, 2015 at 7:22:09 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On 8/4/2015 12:14 PM, Michael D Friedman wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> These should be integral to the story in some way, hopefully not just throw
>>   > away bits. I guess you could go with throw-away bits if you wanted, but part
>>   > of the fun is working these into a story. Bonus points if you can work it
>>   > into your current on-going series.
>>>
>>> Anyway, here are the required elements:
>>>
>>> PROP: A rotary telephone
>>> LINE OF DIALOGUE: "That's not the way it's supposed to be."
>>> CHARACTER: Ron or Rhonda Finlayson, convenience store clerk
>>> ANIMAL: A turtle
>>> LOCATION: A baseball field
>>
>> Hmmmmmmm! I like it! <3 A bit more complex than usual, but hey - variety.
>>
>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, heroes for hop!
>
> Well this is certainly a challenge. None of the things I've been
> working on really qualify. But I'll take a crack at it--it's not like
> I'm writing enough things already...

I have rather the opposite problem.  Anything with a scrappy young
baseball team, a turtle, and a rotary phone, cries out for Power-Star
Comics 1984 treatment.  Now, I just have to get this sucker done from
scratch in two-to-three weeks, because (contest aside) that's where it
belongs in the schedule.

I know. - Archie Andrews