MISC: GODLING # 48 All-American Hero style? by J. Vandersteen

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 16:23:54 PDT 2015

On 4/16/2015 4:15 PM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
> Four bearded, armed men carrying AK-47's stand in a darkened room.

Hmmmmmmf. This whole scene felt kinda flat, from the carbon-copy
zero-interiority terrorists to what he did to them. I mean, I know you're
establishing Mark as doing stereotypical action hero things because he's
influenced by that whole media landscape and idea of what a "hero" is, but in
exploring that, I would have preferred a little more focus on what makes these
techniques fucked-up over on the side of... man, I don't even know what
country this takes place in. Or who these people are - does "prototype
al-Qaida" mean that organization, or someone else who's using the same techniques?

>"We've seen a lot of Godlings show up during that final battle
 > with Master Destiny (Godling #21). Maybe he's one of those guys?" King
 > offers.

This is a surprisingly reasonable idea. Nice!

>"Naga... Look around you... There is my sacrifice," The Dark Monk
 > tells the snake. The creature attacks the sitting monks, biting, swallowing
 > and killing.

So did they know this was going to happen, or? `.`

>"Aphrodite? Why are you visiting again? I would think you aren't
 > interested in me anymore after I lost my powers."
>"To me you will always be Godling. In fact, I think the current
 > Godling can benefit from your advice. He is too selfish and too violent.
 > Maybe you could have a talk with him?"

Hm! I expected "I'm here to restore your powers", but this is more
interesting, methinks.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, cool cool.