MISC: GODLING # 48 All-American Hero style? by J. Vandersteen

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Apr 17 18:54:53 PDT 2015

On 4/16/2015 1:15 PM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:

> Four bearded, armed men carrying AK-47's stand in a darkened room.
> They look like prototype Al-Qaida terrorists. A man sits on a chair, his
> head covered by a sack. One of the man says, "Is the camera ready? Then
> get the sword."
 >
> One of the terrorists draws a scimitar. "Ready."
 >
> Then a large part of the wall is knocked out and through the hole
> walks in Godling. "Right on time, it seems. I'm taking you
> towelheads downs, All-American Hero style!"

I had to check to make sure this wasn't a commercial for the new Godling
movie.

> "We've seen a lot of Godlings show up during that final battle with
> Master Destiny (Godling #21). Maybe he's one of those guys?" King offers.

Hey, that's some decent detective theorizing for any world full of
superhumans.

> The Dark Monk watches this, smiling. "Good. After this sacrifice the
> Naga will be a great distraction for Godling while I gather the wishing
> jewel from Shambhala and conquer the world...."

Oooh, this might give Olympus a chance to sit on the sidelines and smirk
while its champion says, "What do I care about hippie crap?"!

> "Aphrodite? Why are you visiting again? I would think you aren't
> interested in me anymore after I lost my powers."
 >
> "To me you will always be Godling. In fact, I think the current
> Godling can benefit from your advice. He is too selfish and too violent.
> Maybe you could have a talk with him?"
 >
> "Why should I? You gods decide I wasn't good enough to be your hero.
> Why should I help you now?"

Okay, I realize Quentin's in his maudlin drunk phase, but he *wanted* to
talk to the new Godling last issue.  Maybe he'll be more motivated in a
day or so...

In any case, the story still makes sense to me, and I'm enjoying it.

I know. - Archie Andrews