8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 16, April 2015, "The Last Story" (2/2)

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 04:12:22 PDT 2015

On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 10:59:59 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 4/8/2015 11:39 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> > On 4/8/2015 8:14 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> >> On 4/8/2015 10:06 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> <snip>
> >> Well, I assume they're not willing to spend the entirety of the empire's
> >> resources on one planet, especially if they want those other races to
> >> stay conquered.
> >>
> >> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, limited smashytimes
> >
> > oh, but the Pulse Collective is actually here for Dread Venus, a Menace (or
> > Opportunity) to All Reality!  The Venus plot-thread might be addressed in one
> > of those other ongoing series, but it might not affect the characters' resolve
> > in the other series.
>
> See, I thought the Collective was here for Earth and its screwed-up-ness, and
> that Venus was Bad Very Bad Do Not Touch.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, no touchie

Mr. Perron has the right of it-- the Pulse's (secret) objective, as stated in RED HART, is to use Earth's unique position on the "fault-line" of the universe to launch multiversal conquest. With Venus, they're playing with fire, and they took a calculated risk in "encouraging" certain parties on Earth to unweave the Lullaby. More on that in THE SECRET CIRCLE.

==Tom