LNH20: Ultimate Mercenary v20 #6

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:40:14 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 10:54:00 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 4/7/2015 8:56 PM, Adrian McClure wrote:
> Oh, UM. You need all the hugs. ;.;

He wouldn't want them though. He's a NINJA. (Although Pantra might hug him anyway.)

> Yesssss, burly alligator girl get it

I really feel like there should be more monster-y women in genre fiction who aren't coded as conventionally sexy, especially with the kind of complexity Ben Grimm has. This story is very broad strokes but I have another one involving kind of similar themes. (No idea where it'll go.)

> > Ultimate Mercenary groaned in frustration. An epic battle to save the world
> > and he hadn't been around for it? (There was something weirdly familiar about
> > the tomatoes too... Why couldn't he remember?)
>
> Oh man, I forgot that was a UM reference, too.

It was nice getting to bring things full circle like that.

> Relevance! <3 Cyberpunk!

In the 80s comic had a lot of the "punk" and in the 90s they had a lot of the "cyber" but they never brought them together much. Except for Oracle I guess. However, you can definitely argue that Iron Man anticipates cyberpunk.

Adrian (cool exec with a heart of steel)