8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 16, April 2015, "The Last Story" (2/2)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Apr 8 20:39:13 PDT 2015

On 4/8/2015 8:14 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 4/8/2015 10:06 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> <snip>
>> But... Does that galactic empire have only that one warrior race
>> *which they
>> already conquered*?  Or if the Eighth Hive should fail, might there be
>> a Plan C?
>
> Well, I assume they're not willing to spend the entirety of the empire's
> resources on one planet, especially if they want those other races to
> stay conquered.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, limited smashytimes

oh, but the Pulse Collective is actually here for Dread Venus, a Menace
(or Opportunity) to All Reality!  The Venus plot-thread might be
addressed in one of those other ongoing series, but it might not affect
the characters' resolve in the other series.

If I were the Pulse Collective under these conditions, I'd go colonize
Mercury or Mars or the moons of Jupiter or even the atmosphere of
Jupiter itself.  It's a pretty poor galactic empire which cannot do
those things.

So far, they've sent against us the forces of only one weak conquered
planet plus one little set of mental overlords.   Heh, the new "Eighth
Hive" series has *so much* potential.

--
(signed) Scott Eiler, who has actually considered the influence of Venus
upon the upcoming RACCies.  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews