8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 16, April 2015, "The Last Story" (2/2)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Apr 8 19:06:35 PDT 2015

On 4/4/2015 11:57 AM, Tom Russell wrote:

>     The word goes out, and soon, their shouts fill the air: Gorik's
> Hill!, Gorik's Hill!, Gorik!, the Hill!, and then, Rurik's Hill!, and
> he's not sure how he feels about that, but he'll take it, and he
> reflects that yes, perhaps he chose the right words, after all.

I haven't responded yet, because I was overwhelmed.  It seems you
finished the Pulse War, apart from some invader survivors on hills.  And
I am greatly impressed that you did it in two issues.  (Or one issue in
two parts.)

But... Does that galactic empire have only that one warrior race *which
they already conquered*?  Or if the Eighth Hive should fail, might there
be a Plan C?

I guess that leads to your follow-on series.  Like Andrew, I wonder how
you plan to write all those follow-on series.  You might guess, I'm most
interested in the Eighth Hive.  But none of it looks bad.

And I was glad to see Docrates in action.

In all, well done.  I did not see any bad writing therein, and it was
lots of good editing.

I know. - Archie Andrews