LNH/HCC: Just Another Cascade #12 part B

Adrian J. McClure mrfantastic7 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 19:59:43 PDT 2015

Collating all these discussions together:

On Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 4:07:50 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 4/4/2015 12:40 AM, Adrian J. McClure wrote:
> >I wonder what the present-timeline, corrupted Anti-Christ Lad is going to
>  > think of all this...
>
> I look forward to their meeting. <3 I don't think I'll be able to fit it in
> #13. @.@

I might do something with it later. Or maybe someone else will. I'm hoping to have more floating plotlines that various people can build on.

> As you know, I have Plans along those lines. <3

HELL YEAH!

> My lack of reviews helps with that, sadly. I'm going to come back to it soon,
> once I take care of a bunch of other obligations. @.@

YOU'D BETTER :P (I know we're both committed to a ton of things right now.)

> >It's a reference to the part of LOTR where Galadriel handles the One Ring
>  > and is tempted by its power.
>
> Ah, nice! <3 Actually, I was most confused because somehow I was mixing up
> Galadriel with Guenivere. @.@

Well Guenivere is someone who is (usually) in a non-combat role but inspires knights to greatness so you're not wrong.

> An excellent point! <3 And she really does believe in what she's doing.

That's another very Claremont X-Men-esque thing. That's one of the things that makes villains like Mystique and Magneto compelling. (And, like Magneto, the Crossover Queen had her goofy Silver Age villain phase in the Cry.Sig, back when she was literally supposed to be Louise Simonson... Drizzt used the ending of Cry.Sig to retcon some things so I assume that got retconned too.)

> And really, crossovers between different LNH imprints count - we had Classic,
> LNH20, and LNHY, and it's been implied before that Penultimate Savior is from
> LNH2.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, tho we never got details on that.

Penultimate Savior is from an alternate future in Ultimate Mercenary v1 #5 which was implied (mainly in the heading) to be part of LNH2 because I wanted to cross over with all the timelines which were involved in Flame Wars VI. Later, since it seemed a bit more cyberpunk-future-y than other LNH2 stories, I decided that it was in the future of previous LNH2 stories and placed it in the timeline accordingly, making it an alternate future of an alternate future, which has since gone kablooey. The Saviors of the Net that PS is part of all come from that timeline and believe themselves to be its last survivors, although Manga Girl III seems pretty resilient to me...

Adrian (there are also a lot of other parallels between this storyline and the Cry.Sig but I should probably wait till #13 to talk about them...)