LNH/HCC: Just Another Cascade #12 part B

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:08:00 PDT 2015

On 4/1/2015 9:53 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 4/1/2015 12:19 PM, Adrian McClure wrote:
>
>> "No," said Catalyst Lass, as the rifts opened wide, encompassing
>> everything. At first slowly, and then faster and faster, everything
>> on the diagram began to fade away. And then there was nothing. Not
>> light, not darkness, not noise, not silence. Nothing at all.
>
> .... Heh, so everything which ever came from the LNH is gone except for this
> timeship.  Atomic Bunny is probably okay, but his Tooniverse backstory is
> shot.  Which is, well, a mercy for him.  And well, there go Kubes...  Oooh,
> just wait until they all find out!

Hmmmmmm. I wonder what happened to the Kubes out there when this happened?

>> "I.. I don't know… I don't want to bring it back," said
>> Sister-State-the-Obvious. "Usenet has died out. Most of the authors who
>> made the LNH matter are gone and took their characters with them. And
>> most of the relationships that people cared about are gone… All of the
>> LNH stories this year have been written by two people. It has to end
>> eventually. There are so many things in fandom culture that get drawn
>> out too long and do nothing but disappoint people."
>
> Stupid Usenet and stupid relationships from twenty years ago!  If only this
> cascade were taking place on Facebook!

Heh heh, Facebook. That's rich.

> (... Does it count if I threw in an LNH20 cover?)

It helps! <3

>> "We will need some rubber bands though," Doctor Stomper added.
>>
>> "I guess I can take care of that," said Pliable Lad.
>
> Wow, I guess they *did* pick the perfect team.

Characters' specialties playing off each other! :D :D :D

>> Philosophers and mystics might argue about whether a tree falling in a
>> forest made a sound, but Pliable Lad now knew what was the sound of
>> RACelestials nodding.
>
> Oooh.

I KNOW RIGHT

>> Catalyst Lass stared into the whirling depths of the  "Oh my god," said
>> Catalyst Lass. "I can see… I can see everything. The Kube—it's a
>> microcosm of the Usenetverse. The pattern—it's everywhere—I can see it!"
>
> If only she could grab it!

Maybe she can walk the Pattern and traverse Amber.

>> She was one of the first and greatest enemies the LNH
>> had ever faced — the Crossover Queen.
>
> .... hey, I know her!  So does (of all people) the Losernaut!

That's one way to drain out the drama

>> Lydia had looked as if she was considering it for a moment, but her face
>> hardened and she set her shoulders firmly. "Excuse me. That's not your
>> business. You're not the one who gets to get back at my sister." A dark
>> aura began to swirl around her. "Funny you should mention her. I knew
>> you reminded me of someone."
>
> Oooh, nice crossover moment.  I think maybe the Crossover Queen doesn't always
> like crossovers as much as she says.

YEAH :D

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I love this moment