LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup - July 2014

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Sep 17 19:10:30 PDT 2014

On 9/17/2014 3:52 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:

> The underground P69 was lost for decades, during which all of those
> characters were created and grew up. When it was rediscovered in 2014,
> most readers assumed it was a hoax; most of the creators, on the other
> hand, freaked out, and had to be talked down by Grant Morrison (who had
> a similar experience with the little-known Kid Invisibles series from
> 1954).

gee, Andrew, I have to wonder if you ever enjoyed the Powernaut with an
explanation like that...  JUST KIDDING!  I like it!  But I prefer to
think the later writers considered P69 to be a cult classic and slowly
reintroduced its characters to later comics, like practically every
reboot ever.  And I like to think Jim Starlin was reading too, because
those things which Li'l Wyatt wears in P69 are suspiciously like
Infinity Gems.  8{D>

I considered blaming it on reality shifts.  But in SW10 where Powernaut
comics were published, I can't think of any reality shifts between 1969
and 1999 (the Hyper-Pocalypse).  In a very real sense, 1999 already puts
things together for my universe; I've already put a Hyper-Pocalypse hook
there.  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/me1999.htm

And, many thanks for giving me some thoughts on the process.  <3

> He (Dr. Deadbeat) fled the Looniverse after Beige Midnight, and
> according to some earlier strips, seems to have fled multiple
> apocalypses. Perhaps he's just decided that it's not worth running
> anymore.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, face the music

Works for me.

I know. - Archie Andrews