SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1944 #9: Power Stars starring Zenobia!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Oct 30 18:31:59 PDT 2014

If you were wondering who that Amazon from last week is...   I've always
wondered why someone had to invent Xena the Warrior Princess, when
Zenobia the Warrior Queen actually existed.  Now she's guest-starring
for the Powernaut!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1944.htm#9

Zenobia is an actual historical figure from the 3rd Century CE. She has
appeared as a background character in my stories from 1996 to 2008.  And
yes, that's her confronting the Secret Commando in the 1920s.  Her
history will soon be relevant to Powernaut 2005.  When I drew her
adventure portrait there, I realized the world needed her to be ready
for a spin-off series.  So I've scrambled to bring her in.

Fortunately I was then running *six weeks ahead* on inked art, not
counting a break I take after big series such as Powernaut 1969.  That
break is often one month, but I kept it one week before the new
Powernaut 1944 strips, and probably one week after.  Then, watch for the
new Powernaut 2005 series: Occulator Compuplex!

I know. - Archie Andrews