LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup - September 2014

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Oct 20 18:00:05 PDT 2014

On 10/20/2014 5:24 PM, Tom Russell wrote:

> And, to be clear and answer some of Scott's commentary-- I'm not
> under the impression that I'll be making any serious money off of
> this... I'm just trying to maximize the possibility that I might be
> able to do so. If a market exists for novels about women having sex
> with dinosaurs, I reason that there might--*might*-- exist a market,
> perhaps a smaller one, for novels about women having sex with each
> other while fighting dinosaurs.  ;-)

yeah, I will not deny you have a concept that's worth running around
with in a lightning storm.  8{D>

> I'd like to be more disciplined, as both a writer and a person, and
> I'd like to see if writing primarily for a paying audience-- even a
> small one, one that doesn't pay well-- will help break me of some of
> these habits. I say "primarily" because in my experience, writing for
> RACC first with a mind towards compilation later doesn't necessarily
> seem to get me over this particular hurdle (cf. the second "volume" of
> Jolt City [#12-23] that I've been working on since 2008).

I can't argue with whatever makes you more disciplined.  What works for
me is, convincing myself that I'll only build up that audience if they
get that web comic every week.  Some of my more entrepreneurial author
friends follow that same principle with short stories every month.

I know. - Archie Andrews