DR!: Dynamite Radical: This Is Where You Start #3

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Oct 17 19:52:24 PDT 2014

On 10/17/2014 8:36 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:

> Bluefeather stepped forward. "No... the Negatronic War Machine is nearly
> unbreakable. The most powerful engine of destruction known to
> civilization, fueled by negative emotion, running on the fear it causes
> in any unlucky enough to have to fight one. The only tactic that works
> is to remain calm and wear it down, but..."
>
> "Oh, that makes sense. I wasn't afraid at all! Actually, this has been a
> really fun day!" I spun around in midair!
>
> "You..." Bluefeather looked up, completely baffled. "You *enthused* it
> to death!"

heh.  That's an awesome use of Kid Enthusiastic powers.  But seriously,
who *didn't* see Kid Enthusiastic coming?  8{D>

> What if my best friends didn't believe me? What if
> they thought I had been stupid? Getting in fights and opening strange
> boxes! It was risky! What if they thought my costume was dumb!?
>
> But! I trusted them! They were my best friends for a reason, and that
> reason was *awesome*!
>
> I hit send! ...and then fell backwards onto the bed. "Haha, whee~" Well,
> they probably weren't going to get back to me tonight, so--
>
> Ping! went the laptop. T'was an instant message from Destiny! "THAT'S SO
> COOL!" in all caps! AWESOME!

> And I was FILLED WITH HAPPINESS. No matter what happened, no matter how
> weird things got, my friends were going to be by my side.
>
> My life was radical.

Aww!

> ----
> Author's Notes: And that's wraps!
>
> Eventually, I'm going to come out with collected versions that'll be
> available in paperback (I already have a cover!), but that's several
> stories away. I also plan to open up the universe for others to write
> in, but first, I'm going to come out with a sourcebook that'll open
> things up a bit!

I'd buy one or two for my nephews, but I think they might look at me
funny.  Sometimes I forget children are more mature than I am.

... anyway, stories like this give me hope for LNH venues.

I know. - Archie Andrews