HCC/LNH: Another LNH Title? Really? #3 -- 'There WILL be Pizza!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Mon Oct 13 09:37:47 PDT 2014

On 10/13/2014 03:44 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 10/12/2014 11:04 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:
>
>> (Can't seem to log on to my thunderbird newsreader anymore.
>> Wonder if Earthlink did away with USENET..)
>
> According to their site, new accounts don't get it anymore >:/ >:/ >:/
> But pre-existing ones keep it? So.

Scumcast, err, Comcast did away with it.  So I signed up for Eternal
September Usenet service.

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hates the anti-Usenet thing.

yeah.  I can see why people don't put content on Usenet any more,
because they have more control of it on their own web sites.  But I
don't see why service providers would drop access to all that free stuff
which they get for free.