SW10: New Bosnia #3: The Land of Smoke and Soapflakes

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Oct 12 16:46:04 PDT 2014

On 10/12/2014 11:38 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 9/27/2014 10:12 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> "Ptui!!"  The duck spat.  "Soap flakes!"
>>
>> "Soap flakes?  Why??"
>>
>> "Bees hate that stuff!"  Psychovant pointed at a covered bus stop.
>> The two bees were huddled inside it.
>
> I'm assuming something specific inspired this!

Well, kind of...  Boring old internet research inspired this!  It seems
soap flakes really *are* used to repel bees.

>> "... Gavrilo!"   The wizard-bee jerked to attention.  "I can't help
>> you with the soap flakes.  But you can shield yourself!"
>
> Maybe you shouldn't be throwing around the name that's his one weakness,
> dude

Or maybe Our Hero is just clueless about the power in a Wizard Name, and
he'll toss it around one more time and Be DOOMED!  His handy handheld
Waddling Wikipedia can advise him about bees and soap flakes but not
about Super Wizards, after all.  heh heh.