HCC: High Concept Challenge # 49: Slice of Life!

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 19:27:05 PDT 2014

Two or more[1] genre characters[2] share a pizza[3], and nothing happens.[4]

I want to keep it pretty simple, but I guess some definitions might be in order:

[1]: Because one genre character really can't "share" a pizza, natch.
[2]: Superheroes, occult investigators, what-have-you. New characters, old favorites-- the only requirement is that they be characters who usually do more in a story than share a pizza.
[3]: Because, "slice".
[4]: "Nothing happens" in terms of genre conventions/traditional plot development: no one attacks the pizzeria, the delivery boy isn't turned into a death weapon, etc. Plenty can happen in terms of characterization, dialogue (which could certainly be *about* genre stuff), and damn fine writing.

Remember, remember, the fifth of November... because that's the deadline. :-)

==Tom