MISC: The Time Traveler's Day

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Oct 8 18:49:42 PDT 2014

On 10/7/2014 3:06 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:

> She walked to the window and looked out at the blue-white-green-brown
> curve of Earth beneath her feet. The Hero Network had been really good
> about accommodating her. She got dressed and walked around the long
> silver rim of the satellite base, to the monitor room where Sir Galahad
> was on duty.
>
> "Good morrow," said he. "Wouldst this trip be business or pleasure?"
>
> "I'm takin' a day out!" said she, skipping over to the transport booth.
> She waved her hand through the ID space and set the coordinates for
> Washington, D.C., in the country of USA.
>
> "God go with you!" He waved as she disappeared in a flash.

This whole story reminded me of a couple of "Legion" stories with heroes
from future and past.  One story had Superman, one had Supreme, and both
were written by Alan Moore.  So that, sir, makes you our Alan Moore.  :)

oh, and I don't think anyone would say the American Era ended in 1989
(though the Germans did seem to drive European politics after that).
But I still liked this story.

I know. - Archie Andrews