SW10/MV/WWW: Powernaut 1944: Power Stars starring the Diabolical Devilman!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Nov 8 19:01:49 PST 2014

On 11/8/2014 6:48 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 11/8/2014 9:41 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>> On 11/8/2014 1:17 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>>
>>> Oh man. REALLY Golden Age - a hero whose theme is about punishment and
>>> judgment, with a horror-story twist. <3
>>
>> heh, you are seeing potential to this story that I hadn't even
>> considered. I was more thinking of doing diabolical things for
>> wholesome reasons - like, say, crashing a truck or making Hitler
>> refuse to surrender.
>
> Sure - but man, the last panel with "I'll see you next year!" is
> INCREDIBLY like such characters.

Good point.  I was worried this passage might seem anachronistic, 'cause
people back then was guessing Germany would surrender when things were
only as hopeless as in World War 1.  But even within 1944, "See you next
year in Hell!" was a safe thing for a writer to say about Hitler.

>> And I'd forgotten about The Spectre. But I think it's safe to say
>> that unlike the Golden Age Spectre, the Diabolical Devilman won't
>> be saying the Pledge of Allegiance to *anything*. <3
>
> "I pledge allegiance to-- ME!" *smashes through ground and leaps into Hell*
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Superhell World

oooh, I like that!  "I pledge allegiance to ME!" sounds like a High
Concept Challenge.  I guess I should pay attention to that pizza thing
if I want that to happen, though.

I know. - Archie Andrews