MISC: GODLING # 43: The Rise of the New Godling part 3: At Full Power by J. Vandersteen

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Nov 7 19:54:15 PST 2014

On 11/7/2014 2:16 PM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:

> Tartarus II. Quentin Alexander's unconscious body is picked up by a
> New Hekatoncheire, one of the robotic guards with hundreds of
> tentacles for arms and legs.
 >
> "Morpheus beam effective. Intruder asleep. Will take subject inside
> for further investigation," the robot says and carries Quentin
> inside.

I recall the beam left smoke rising from Mr. Alexander.  But that
actually makes sense for a Morpheus beam.

>     "It seems you indeed might be Godling."
 >
>     "Good, then please release me."
 >
>     "Doors open," the Hekatoncheire says.
 >
>     All bars are suddenly gone. The gates of Tartarus open.

Surely Godling channeled the powers of Hephaestus to build his automata.
  However, these mechanical men are barely logical because there was no
Greek god of programmers...  Hey, this makes sense!

> "He raided our evidence room, took a boatload of drugs we
> confiscatedfrom it," a cop says.
 >
> "Pretty original. Well, villain... I'm taking you out!" Godling
> says,pointing at Full Power.
 >
> "My mixed alien heritage allows me to convert the sun's light into
> pure energy that I can shoot or just hit you with. You don't stand a
> chance against me, Godling!" the villain boasts.

Okay, I know it's Los Angeles and it's sunny, but it's also dinnertime.
  So it's late in the day, and there's not a lot of sun.  And this guy
just got out of a prison designed to neutralize his powers, so he was
probably sucked dry to start with.  And he spent a bunch of his time
indoors, grabbing drugs.  Did he perhaps stick a finger in an electrical
outlet and suck the neighborhood power grid dry so as to charge up
first?  ... Hey, this makes sense!

Am I helping now?  8{D>

I know. - Archie Andrews