LNH/SW/GC/HCC: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will Probably Never Have an Ending #9: "Merissa Stole the Precious Thing"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:31:38 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:59:27 PM UTC-4, Scott Eiler wrote:
> I admire that anyone's following up on this.  And I laughed at the
> Psychovant section when I read it.  At work.  During a conference call.
>   A terribly important conference call, of course.

Mwahahaha. <3 Pleasure to be of embarassing service!

> On 5/13/2014 7:29 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>
> > Whatever it was the Council wanted him to do. Eh, he'd remember
> > eventually.
>
> They'd *sent* him to investigate the Looniverse crisis.  Fortunately he
> overrode his programming, starting with a self-preservation instinct.

Exactly! <3 (This part may qualify under the "cover one's ass" clause below.)

> > He shook the Kube. Now why the hell had it put him down in some random
> > field? He was supposed to be in the Greater Espanola All-You-Can-Eat
> > Bouncing Beauty Boulangerie, with a Negra Modelo in one wing and one of
> > the aforementioned beauties in the other!
>
> Hey, wasn't the Kube an information device?  It was just feeding
> Psychovant answers earlier, and he was just going to destroy LNH
> cascades because he hates LNH cascades.  Perhaps the Kube's powers are
> growing.

I was under the impression that LAN.os wanted the Kube because it was a vague cosmic power object. Perhaps it's one of those things where the full power develops over time? Or perhaps he wasn't able to use that part of it until he was in a superhero universe.

> > Atomic Rabbit clenched his fists. For a moment, atomic fire crackled
> > around them. "RrrrrrrPSYCHOVANT!" He pointed at the duck. "The
> > Tooniverse bleeds, because of you! You and your tourism - your 'super
> > important expeditionary mission'! You wanted to see the three ancient
> > statues that sustain our world - The Rabbit, the Sentinel, and the
> > Barbarian. And you... and you..." He held a hand over his face, holding
> > back tears. "You... drew MOUSTACHES on them!"
>
> This is way more fun than stealing atomic carrots.  Yay, Psychovant!

I am gratified the ridiculousness meets with your approval.

> > Wait. He wasn't sorry! He was never sorry!
>
> yay, Psychovant!

I was a bit afraid that was *too* amoral. XD

> > He had to be careful - he knew how much over-the-top ridiculous
> > characters like Ambush Bug and Lobo got twisted around by being part of
> > a larger universe. Soon he'd be introspecting, and then angsting, and at
> > that point it would be all over except for the part where he got
> > rebooted with a committee-approved generically threatening design.
>
> Ah, how true.

I thought this was a neat bit of satire that also had the effect of covering my ass in case I did mess up the characterization. `-`;

> > And Atomic Rabbit *grinned*. "But that's where you're wrong." He opened
> > up his trusty belt buckle and pulled out a six-sided shape, glowing with
> > immanent power. "It's duck season."
>
> Now *that's* Drama vs. Comedy.

Yesssss. <3 I tried to get as many Looney Tunes references in as possible.

> > "The force that created our civilization, that raised us up from mere
> > animals - how appropriate to use it to stop the one who betrayed us!"
> > Atomic Rabbit pointed the Kube at Psychovant, and the irresistable force
> > pulled at his feathers.
>
> See earlier comment about the power of Kubrik's Kube, which fits the
> ultimate device of an atomic civilization.  But of course if some drama
> queen wabbit goes waving it around at a Final Confrontation, it's gonna
> act like a gun.

There's that, too.

> > The field was quiet and peaceful. A butterfly winged lazily through the
> > air, neither knowing nor caring what strange event had just taken place.
>
> > And at the point where the power had met most furiously, motes of blue-
> > green light streamed from a crack...
>
> Obviously the forces of Drama and Komedy, err, Comedy have met and
> cancelled out, leaving only two depowered animals transported to neutral
> ground.  Now, what would be neutral ground between angsty 2010s online
> fiction and 1950s funny animal comics?  I lack knowledge of LNH-based
> venues, but I do know of one place:  the biology labs of Power City High
> School in the comics of PowerTEEN 1955!  That ain't gonna happen as a
> comic any time soon, but I hereby make PowerTEEN 1955 available for this
> cascade.

Hmmmm. I figured that it would be another unfinished story, since there's a crack involved - any unfinished Powernaut or SW10 tales?

> ... now, would the *awkward* moment be something in Lydia Devin's
> passages?  :)

Why yes~

>  > * Psychovant created by Scott Eiler.
>
> I think you may safely say "used with permission" based on my earlier
> posts to this cascade.  My actual phrase is "copyright 2014 Eiler
> Technical Enterprises, but available for public use in this cascade
> without limit".  But basically I figure Psychovant is everyone's
> character now.

Woooooo!

> And, well done.

Why thankyew.