LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup - April 2014

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat May 3 20:57:16 PDT 2014

On 5/3/2014 5:07 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> And it's about time someone*didn't*  make Athena a kindly big-breasted
>> >golden-haired babe in magic armor.  I had fun making Ares go native too.
>> >Now *that's* a War God I'd be proud to retcon into my fiction.
 >
> Yeah! "RevolutionARES" might have been my favorite moment overall.

Wow, thanks.  I thought that might be a useless joke.

>> >But I'm more than ready to return to fun zippy six-panel weekly web
>> >comics.  My own recent experiments with Free Powernaut Comic Day 2014
>> >indicate, even *that*  kind of comic can make people's eyes glaze over if
>> >they are challenged to read more than one strip at a time.  I sense that
>> >Powernaut 1912 was more esoterica than crowd-pleaser.
 >
> I think it's one of those ones that people will consider one of your
> classics.

Aw, you're so kind.

At work I have a spare computer monitor I set aside for incoming
messages.  I program it to show me Powernaut comics.  So I constantly
review my work.  I also have access to web statistics.  In short, I
think my quality is improving but my popularity is decreasing.  Go figure.

>> >I think that's a general rule for any fiction series.  My most popular
>> >Powernaut strips were in 2011, when that strip*could*  go anywhere.
>> >Ever since then, we all know how it ends.  Sadly, I'm stuck with that -
>> >at least for now.  The premise of Powernaut comics *was* to explore the
>> >past.  But I do have plans for a 2012+ comic.  I wonder if I have to
>> >accelerate those...?
 >
> Why stop there? Powernaut 2054!
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, twenty-exty-six

gah, you're opening up a whole new frontier.  Powernaut 3000!  Powernaut
One Million!  And now that you've made me think it, I can't un-think it!
  8{O>

I know. - Archie Andrews