WWW: Ripping Off King Arthur -- #175 Turkish Ripping Off King Arthur Part One

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Mar 23 15:56:35 PDT 2014

On 3/23/2014 10:49 AM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:

> http://www.rippingoffkingarthur.com/comic/175-turkish-ripping-off-king-arthur-part-one/
>

> Okay.  Confession time.
>
> That impression I was giving you about how I was Ripping Off King Arthur
> for my webcomic was only half true.  The whole truth is that I've been
> actually ripping off an old Turkish webcomic from the 1970s called
> Turkish Ripping Off King Arthur (although in Turkey they just call it
> Ripping Off King Arthur -- go figure!).  This was a strip done by famous
> 70s Turkish webcartoonist (also famous Turkish porn star) Suleiman the
> Magnificent.

heh.  You no fool me, American.  People who rip off Suleiman the
Magnificent don't need to rip off King Arthur too, because they've gone
pretty much all the way up their hierarchy.  (okay, I'm lying.  Suleiman
the Magnificent grafted his hierarchy on to Rome, kind of like King
Arthur did.  Still, he's a different branch.)

Still, I look forward to Turkish Ripping Off Sultan Suleiman.  :)

> So, from this point forward, I'll be reprinting all 174 Turkish Ripping
> Off King Arthur strips.  And hopefully by the time I've finished
> reprinting the last one I'll have found another Turkish webcomic from
> the 1970s to "appropriate" some ideas from!

Oh, I'm sure Rippy Offy will give you some *other* ideas by then.  Which
makes me think...  Perhaps Rippy Offy has taken over the strip!

I know. - Archie Andrews