LNH20: Digging Up Old Ideas

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 11:42:52 PST 2014

So as part of the stuff I've been working on lately, I've been digging
through old emails, and I realized that there were some ideas that I never
actually posted to the group that have informed various LNH20 characters.
So, as a public service, I thought I'd expose you all to them!

This one's about the place the LNH20 Manga Girl and the Otakaiser come
from:

> How about... instead of an anime *dimension*, an anime *place*?  I'm
> imagining an incredibly huge school, built on a castle on a mountain
> on an island, which seems to have a nigh-infinite number of
> afterschool clubs - the Fashion Club, which seems to be surprisingly
> fixated on stylized school uniforms lately; the Debate Club, where all
> tales about ancestral ghosts spurring the contestants on to victory
> are dismissed as rumors; the Board Games Club, where there's a girl in
> a beautiful dress who never seems to play, but the winner of each
> championship walks her home...

> It's surrounded by a city which is basically the elegant, strange,
> slightly metaphysical equivalent of a college town.  This is where
> Manga Girl grew up, along with her brother.  He attempted to win the
> Grand Tournament through underhanded tactics and become the Otakaiser
> - but she was the one who took him down in secret and gained the title
> (and thus, her powers).  Her family decided that they needed to spend
> some time in a more normal place.  Naturally, they chose Net.ropolis.
> (You don't want to go cold turkey on normalcy.)

I'm not sure what to name this place, though. "Anime Island" is a little
too on-the-nose.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, notes that Adrian pointed out this
makes Manga Girl sort of like Iron Fist.