LNH/LNHY: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will Probably Never Have an Ending #8

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 09:39:36 PST 2014

<snip>

Awwwww. <3

> Token Girl rolled her eyes. "Tsundere isn't a thing in real life, Cat."
>
> "Well this isn't real life, Tara, we're superheroes!"

Heeheeheehee

> "Well, that depends on how you define moe, I guess.  Moe involves the
> feeling of protectiveness toward a character. Traditionally, moe in anime
> fandom has been a part of the heterosexual male gaze. But all kinds of
> readers feel "moe" feelings toward characters outside of that. The highest
> degree of moe is for someone who seems on the surface to be powerful,
> unapproachable, untouchable but has a deeply vulnerable core, and they're
> lonely and isolated and you want to reach out and hug them a lot. Batman is
> moe!"

*stands up and applauds* Magnifique! Encore!

> "Actually," said Adamant-Authority-On-Everything, "recent evidence has
> suggested that the collapse on Easter Island was due to disease brought by
> the Europeans and not--"
>
> "What the hell?" said Token Girl.
>
> "Oh," said Adamant-Authority-On-Everything. "I thought you were talking
> about moai."

XD XD XD Yes perfect followup

> The ship that was bearing the LNH to face LAN.os sailed silently on
> through space. It was not a spaceship, rather, it was an actual wooden ship
> with a massive solar sail. The figurehead was in the shape of Alice
> Ashdown, AKA Lydia Forward (long story--cf. the classic Ultimate Mercenary
> series), AKA Net.Access as the ship was in point of fact, her.

Ooooooooh. <3 <3 <3

> She had barged in on the meeting just as it was winding down and
> volunteered to bring the LNH to their destination. They'd gone along with
> the idea of a strange woman showing up out of nowhere without batting an
> eyelash, since after all this was a crossover.

So she's basically taking a Harbinger-esque role. Neat!

> Her powers were both wide-ranging and very specific, and she had trouble
> figuring out what to make of them. Technically, she could draw on any
> weapon or artifact from any continuity she wasn't currently in, but in an
> LNH context she had to respect copyright.

Huh, I didn't know that. *edits wiki page*

> After all those years of reading books and dreaming about going to space
> and wondering what it was like, she finally knew. The answer was... well,
> it was a lot like going to college--it was really exciting at first, but
> there was a lot more of it than she expected.

Space is HUGE. Ginormous. Like, even bigger than you're thinking right now.

> Still, she'd finally met up with her heroes. She'd talked with
> Cheesecake-Eater Lad! Cheesecake-Eater Lad was literally inside her! She
> didn't know how to feel about that.

...w-wink??

> She gasped, or tried do, but didn't make any noise because she was
> currently a giant wooden ship that was floating in space.

Bwahahaha <3

> .oO(Where is she? I guess she's back on Earth... I hope she's okay. What's
> going on back there? She has to be okay, she's survived so much already,
> she can make it. I just--I want to be with her more than anything. No, I
> want to be a hero more than anything. I AM a hero. I've made it! But why
> did I have to kiss her? She's basically the only friend I have right now,
> why did I have to make things weird? Why do I have to keep going too far? I
> feel like I've had all this potential that I couldn't get to because the
> world was holding me back, and now it's all spilling out at once and I
> don't know what to do with it...)

Mwahahaha yes angst. Aaaaaaangst that isn't just the same thing repeated
endlessly. Reasonable worries about the future MOOHAHAHAHA

> She was so taken up by her anxieties that at first she didn't notice the
> flying saucers in the shape of fedoras that were racing toward her.

Heeheehee

Awwwwwww. SHE NEEDS HUGS.

> But she felt a sudden desire to start listening to industrial music and
> wearing black. Well, more black than she was already wearing.

Is she still wearing that obsidian armor? I mean.

> The longer she stood, the vaguer and fuzzier her thoughts got and the less
> she wanted to leave. At least it was peaceful here. But she didn't want her
> story to here, she reminded herself. She didn't want to let all the forces
> that were trying to force her to fit their mold win.

Yesssss, chaaaaaracter. And consistent characterization, too; from the
moment she appeared as a forced love interest in Ultimate Mercenary, she's
been trying to escape people's boxes.

> Nearby was a building that was obviously the LNHQ. She felt a wave of
> relief wash over her. Something was odd, though. There was a titanic
> billboard, larger than the LNH logo, that said: "No-Duh: It's a Soda!" What
> did that mean? It sounded like one of those terrible Mr. Pakrika knock-offs
> they sold in grocery chains. Probably the LNHQ had just been blown up
> again. Nothing to be too concerned about.
>
> She opened the door and walked in.
>
> YOU HAVE BEEN READING
> JUST ANOTHER MULTI-WRITER CASCADE THAT WILL NEVER HAVE AN ENDING #8
> AKA LOONIVERSE Y #15 PART 2
> by Adrian J. McClure

I think that should be #13. Also YESSSSSS AWESOME

> The same atomic carrots that had given him his powers were now killing him.
> For a long time he'd been imprisoned in the Hiatus Zone until they could
> come up with a cure. He'd been pulled out prematurely to carry out this
> mission. The anti-radiation pills helped, but he couldn't be sure he would
> make it out of this mission alive.
>
> But he had to try. Because he was Atomic Rabbit, one of the greatest
> heroes of the Tooniverse, and he would get that terrible duck if it was the
> last thing he did.

...oh my god a nemesis for Psychovant :D A CARTOON ANIMAL NEMESIS :D :D :D

> Notes: Atomic Rabbit was a funny animal hero who appeared in 50s Charlton
> Comics, who is in the public domain.
> (http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Atomic_Rabbit) He is Free For Use in the LNH,
> as is his home universe.

! Awesome!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, ALL OF THIS IS AWESOME. Who wants to go
next?