LNH/SW10: Just Another Multi-Writer Cascade That Will Probably Never Have an Ending #10: "Good Duck!"

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Jun 22 07:51:07 PDT 2014

On 6/21/2014 10:20 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 6/21/2014 10:18 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> The poor duck was once a cyborg *demon* duck.  Its demon powers were
>> gone. But it still had a cyborg speech implant!
>
> Hah! Nice. (Is the demon still there, sealed, or is it gone?)

I guess we'll find out, won't we.

(The demon is likely still there, but that doesn't mean it gets to stay
in the presence of the Super-Savior and his Wizard Monster Bees.  And if
they find out the duck's being tracked, the cyborg parts may be very
quickly excised too.  I'm still deciding whether Psychovant comes out of
this as Cyborg, Demon, Monster Bee, Dinner, or all of the above.)

>> The duck cursed again.  "Aww, %$#@!  They're monster bees *and* they have
>> their own @%&!ing *warehouse!*  And I got no Kube!"
>
> HOW will Psychovant stop the Swarm? IS he a duck out of luck? WILL
> Atomic Rabbit's overload of Drama bring an amazing end to the tale of
> the Monster Bees!?

Ah, good point about the Drama infusion.  If I keep stuffing weird
things into Turkworld, it's going to warp things more and more there.

>> *Her* boss wasn't really her boss.  He was a Chancellor, which was
>> hard work.
>> She just wanted to help him.
>
> I quite like this quasi-poetic style.

I was thinking "children's book", what with the Magic Bees and the Duck
On A Grand Adventure and all.

>> "Hmmm..."  Wyatt looked at computer screens.  His voice rose in
>> disbelief.
>> "*Atomic Bunny!*  *That's* what Psychovant found beyond!  He brought
>> it back,
>> and it's depowered!
>
> I *wondered* if they could see as far as the Tooniverse; it seems
> conceptually out of their league.

They don't claim to govern it - yet.  Their reach is limited to about
fifty fan-fiction universes.  But they're still the Council of Ordered
Realities, and they'll catalog anything this side of the chaos realms.

> Also, I note that he was called "Atomic Rabbit" in Adrian's and my
> issues... but that, in the comics, he started off as "Rabbit" and became
> "Bunny" later on. So you're 100% on-the-mark! <3

yeah, I checked.  I think "Bunny" fits the character better.

>> Atomic Bunny / Atomic Rabbit is an old Charlton Comics character but
>> is now
>> public domain.  Lalo Martins gets credit for tossing him into this
>> plot line.
>
> Actually, that was Adrian.

Oops!  Sorry, Adrian.

I know. - Archie Andrews