MISC: GODLING's WORLD # 9: Octo-Boy in: Mommy's Little Helper

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 22:27:13 PDT 2014

On 6/11/2014 3:31 PM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:
 > He lands on top of an old warehouse. So, this must be where the bad guys
 > are hiding. An old abandoned warehouse. Just like in the comic books.

And might I say, I'm glad that our culture is back in a place where a kid
might actually *read* a comic book.

 > "The name's Octo-Boy, dear baddies!" the hero says and lands on top of the
 > thug that cried out.

"Dear baddies". Excellent banter. <3

 > "So you're the leader of these thugs? Well, your arms-dealing days are
 > over!" Octo-Boy says, swinging his tentacles at the villain once again.

He should've made a pun about having more arms than they do, or somesuch.

 > Five hours earlier...
 > Matt Tatum arrives home, his letter jacket slung over his shoulder. He is a
blond, good-looking and muscular 15 year old kid.
 >      "Hi mom," he says.
 >       In the kitchen a tall woman with short blond hair and a powersuit is
busy cutting some vegatables. "Hi, Matt. How was football practice?"
 >     "Went pretty well, mom. The coach rode us pretty hard though."

Hmmmmm. Interesting; football players aren't actually superheroes very often,
except back in the Golden Age. Of course, you're doing very Golden Age-y stuff...

 >     "DIE!!!" Cecrops yells as he manages to get from under the crates and
grabs a huge gun from the weapons now surrounding them.
 >     Maybe it wasn't so smart to have him crash into a bunch of crates
filled with big ass guns, Octo-Boy wonders.

Well I coulda told you that

 >      A shockwave is shot from the huge gun. There's no way to evade it,
Octo-Boy is hit and falls down. And how did I get into this mess again, he thinks.

Oddly enough, I'm really not sure what Octo-Boy's powers are.

 >     Octo-Boy stands victoriously next to the unconscious villain. Now to
give my mom an anonymous call and get the heck away from here. Good to know
I'm still mommy's little helper, he thinks.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, hmmmm