WWW: New Webcomic! (Acraphobe!)

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:37:49 PDT 2014

On Monday, June 9, 2014 8:08:06 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On 6/9/2014 7:56 PM, Arthur Spitzer wrote:<snip>
>
>  > It's a porn webcomic (Haha -- No Seriously!)

<snip>

> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, interesting. And kinda awkward.

That's pretty much my reaction, too. :-D

Arthur, I want to commend you on two points.

Firstly, I think it takes a lot of guts to do porno comics in the first place. Any creative act, in some sense, reveals part of the self, and erotic works are more, um, revealing than others. :-) So I think it takes guts to make porn, and it also takes a lot of guts to say to people you know (if only over the internet), hey guys, here look at this porn I made. Certainly, if I had enough guts to make porn, I wouldn't have enough guts to tell people I made it.

("But Tom, what about Jolt City # 9?" :-P )

Secondly, I want to commend you for some of the sly-but-surreal humor. The bit about it being difficult getting dressed/showering was cute. Dirty, yes. But cute! Cute-and-sly goes a long way towards making this kind of thing work (cf. "Curvy").

==Tom