8FOLD: Mighty Medley # 6, June 2014, by Messrs. Brenton, Perron & Russell

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 16:31:17 PDT 2014

On Sunday, June 8, 2014 7:04:06 PM UTC-4, Saxon Brenton wrote:
> Andrew Perron replied:
>
> >> He inclined his head in a nod but said nothing. He still missed
> >> Anna after all these years, but the truth was it had been a very long
> >> time since his work had been driven solely by the burning need to strike
> >> back against the cancer that had taken her. And in any case someone in
> >> his position really couldn't afford to be governed by sentimentality.
> >> He had duties. Like it or not, he had more adult motivations these days.
> >
> > I see, I see...
>
> [steeples fingers together, raises eyebrow in a taunting manner]
> Do you?  Do you indeed?
>

> >> Can you hear me?
> >> Are you scared? Good.
> >> HELLO WORLD!
> >> Gregory Dingham has returned.
> >
> > Man, what an asshole.
>
> I'm thinking that all the power is going to Mr Dingham's head.
> Okay, that's stating the bleeding obvious to the point of being trite.
> I'm wondering if Mr Dingham may have brought himself back wrong.

I can't comment too much on this (for perhaps obvious reasons), but there's also what's happened since the end of SPEAK! The last time we saw him, in JOURNEY INTO # 15, he was facing the death penalty and had been muzzled for several months, and that-- in addition to everything he was responsible for in SPEAK!-- made him angry and frustrated. And the thing about anger and frustration is that it builds on itself, perpetuates itself, exponentially, and can cause someone to become unstable and lose empathy for others.

And then, of course, there's whatever happened (or didn't?) to him between his "good-bye" in late 2005 and his reemergence nine years later. Couple all that with reality-altering powers, which very well may have gone to his head, and you potentially have a pretty dangerous supervillain...

> ---
> Saxon Brenton

==Tom