SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1969 #9: Gah! They Can See Us!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sat Jul 26 13:09:46 PDT 2014

I've recently started tabulating Plot Points, so as to take credit every
time a panel in a Powernaut comic advances the plotline.  This issue
only earns three Plot Points, which is not my highest score -  but I
have for the first time drawn a panel which scores two Plot Points all
by itself.

... anyway, things are getting intense in Hypergaard.  Powernaut 1969
continues!

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1969b.htm#9

Bonus Section:  2005 Reprint Commentary from Steven Oliver Samuels
(S.O.S.)!  The Hyper-Children

The Hyper-Piper chose children who would be important to world history.
We figured out *who* shortly afterward. All this time later, we finally
know why.

The abducted children were:

• *Jeff Goldblatt*. California, USA. Age 13 in 1969. He grew up to be an
actor. In 1987 he would become the Powernaut.

• *Steffi Brock*. Manitoba, Canada. Age 6 in 1969. She grew up to be a
meteorologist. In the 1990s she would gain control over density and
gravity.

• *Wyatt Ferguson*. Indiana, USA. Age 8 in 1969. He grew up to be a
technician. In the 1990s he would wield universe-altering gems *and*
become a so-called champion of Death. From what I now know of his powers
then, he was capable of defeating or even *destroying* everyone else
present - even the Hyper-Piper.

• *Giulia Moretti*, later Julie Wolcott. Wisconsin, USA. Age 1 in 1969.
She grew up to study journalism, but she became an office administrator
among superhumans - albeit *not superheroes*. (I will have much more to
say about that in my commentary for Powernaut 1992.) In the 1990s and
until 2001, she would wear the hyper-speed armor designated
"Scudbuster". After that, she got control of a gem which controlled
organic matter - but oddly, she did not have control of such a gem in
1969. It is as though the Hyper-Piper could not see any future history
after the 1990s.

(to be continued, in Hyper-Mother commentary)

I know. - Archie Andrews