MISC: GODLING's WORLD # 10: Octo-Boy & Agent Destruction in: National Security? Part 1

jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 10:12:22 PDT 2014

-	GODLING's WORLD #  10:  Octo-Boy & Agent Destruction in: National Security? Part 1
by J. Vandersteen

Octo-Boy & Agent Destruction in: National Security? Part 1

Bay City...
An army of armed FBI agents surrounds a battered and neglected looking bungalow. Among them is Special Agent Marcia Tatum. She is commanding the agents.
    "Don't shoot yet. We don't want the hostages to get hurt. If we can talk them into surrendering that's the option we want."
     Inside the building three thugs, carrying handguns stand in the living room. There's two kids, about eleven years old sitting on the couch.
     "Please, let us go," one of the kids pleads.
    "Forget about it. If your folks don't pay the money, you're not getting out of here," one of the thugs, a muscular man with glasses says.
    "Wanna bet?" a voice says, then suddenly the room is filled with an ink-like substance.
   "What the--?" the thug says.
   SWAK! THAK! POW! KRAK!
   Then the ink dissipates, the thugs are lying on the floor, unconscious. Octo-Boy is standing in the room, dressed in his usual purple spandex and mask. The grey tentacles he has instead of arms and legs carrying the thugs' guns. He throws them in a corner.
  "Who are you?" one of the kids asked, clearly a bit scared.
  "Looks like I still need to do something about my PR," Octo-Boy says. "I'm Octo-Boy, the tentacled champion. I may look a bit freaky, but I'm one of the good guys. Let me get you kids outside."
   They march out the door. The FBI agents point their guns at them.
   "Wait! It's the kids... And Octo-Boy... He saved them!" Marcia says.
   "That's what I do," Octo-Boy says. And make sure you, my dear mom, doesn't get hurt, he thinks. Of course you don't know that.
   Then a powerful wind starts to blow, leaves blowing away, FBI agents aiming their guns skyward as an army helicopter lands.
   "That's not an FBI helicopter!" Marcia says.
   "That's right. Homeland Security," a big black man with a handlebar moustache in the uniform of a captain says, stepping out of the helicopter. "Captain Daniels. This is Perlin."
   A guy in army fatigues stands beside him, nodding. "Folks."
   "We're here for the creature," Daniels says and points at Octo-Boy.
  "Creature? I resent that," Octo-Boy complains. "What do you want from me."
  "We think you might be of alien descent. We want to examine you. Please come with us," Daniels says.
  "Examine me? No way! You're not turning me into a guinea pig," Octo-Boy says. Besides, I've got a football game tomorrow, he thinks.
  Daniel sighs. "That's what I was afraid of. That's why Perlin is here. Do you your thing, sergeant."
  Perlin slowly starts to transform... His eyes start to glow and his skins turns stony and then the soldier is fully changed into a monster with a skin that looks like a camouflaged tank.
  "Agent Destruction, capture Octo-Boy in the name of national security!" Daniels says.
   "Wait! You can't just do that, can you?" Marcia says. "He's a hero!"
   "We are Homeland Security, Special Division," Daniels says. "We can do ANYTHING if we think it will protect this country."
   Agent Destruction runs towards Octo-Boy. The hero uses his powerful tentacles to leap up, Agent Destruction runs right into a FBI van, denting it tremendously.
  "Hey, take it is easy!" Marcia says.
   Agent Destruction turns around, growling and jumps up, he tackles Octo-Boy, pinning him against the floor.
  "Whoa! Wait a minute. We just met," Octo-Boy says, trying to shove the monstrous soldier off of him with his powerful tentacles.
   "SHUT UP!" Agent Destruction growls, his right fist surging down towards Octo-Boy's face.
   Octo-Boy manages to wrap two tentacles around it, just preventing it from connecting. "Whew! That might have cost me my face. Now, get OFF!" And with his lower tentacles he grabs Agent Destruction and throws him off.
   The FBI agents seem unsure what to do. Should they interfere? And if so, on whose behalf?
  "Don't worry about this. Let us take of it all," Daniels tells them.
  "I'm not sure I'm comfortable with this," Marcia says.
  "You know how it is. We outrank your  department by miles," Daniels says.
 Agent Destruction stands in front of Octo-Boy. Octo-Boy extends a tentacle to his enemy. The monstrous soldier fires two red energy blasts from his eyes. Octo-Boy tries to jump away but he's too late, the blasts hit him. He falls down, smoke coming from his body.
   "And that's all she wrote," Daniels says. "Agent, load him into the helicopter."
  Agent Destruction picks up Bay City's hero and carries him over his shoulder, loading him into the helicopter like a piece of cargo.
   "Don't worry about it. Just get those kidnappers locked up you came here for," Daniels tells Marcia just before he gets into the helicopter.
  The helicopter flies off with Daniels, Agent Destruction and Octo-Boy inside.
   Marcia looks up at the sky, watching the helicopter disappear and wonders, "Octo-Boy, Octo-Boy what will happen to you now?"

*
"Maybe I got a little rough with him," Perlin says to Daniels in the back of th helicopter, having just turned human again.
   "According to our research he has more than human toughness and he heals faster. Don't worry about it," Daniels tells him.
   "It does leave me with an ache across my entire body," Octo-Boy says, having just become conscious again.
   "You should have just come with us without a fight," Daniels tells him.
   "Sure, everybody would be eager to be turned into a guinea pig."
   "We just want to do some tests," Daniels says.
   "Right. I was taught about dr. Mengele in history class..."
   "We just want to investigate if you're truly alien of origin and see what we can use of your DNA to protect our country. It is through studies like that we were able to Agent Destruction."
   "I'm not exactly his biggest fan right now," Octo-Boy says.
   "Sorry, kid. It wasn't anything personal," Perlin tells him.
   "I can tell you right now I'm not an alien," Octo-Boy says.
   "Interesting... Tell me more why don't you?" Daniels says.
  "Well, you ever heard of Atlantis?" Octo-Boy says.

NEXT: Octo-Boy tells his origin!