META: The Return of the RACC Hall of Fame?

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 13 21:08:43 PDT 2014

On 7/12/14 8:15 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
> On 7/12/2014 5:46 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> So, we've had the Hall of Fame on hiatus for several years now. I think
>> it may be time to bring it back.
>
> I would have to be around for many more years before I would be
> qualified to vote.  When I do vote, I'll be ignoring everything before
> 2009.
>
> I see the merit of remembering the past, though.  I took a
> straightforward approach in the "Parade of Winners" for this year's
> RACCies ceremony:  If a series got "Best Series" and/or "Best
> Character", it got in the parade.  Why should we vote *again* for Hall
> of Fame?

Well, there were certainly years where you had a lot of good stuff
competing against each other that might have won a RACCie if they had
come out another year instead of that specific year...

And there were times that the wrong thing won the RACCie.  Like that
time in the 90s when the RACCie went to Dances with Wolves when it
obviously should have gone to Goodfellas...

Arthur "What were we thinking?" Spitzer