MISC: GODLING # 40: The Fall of Godling part 3: All-New, All-Different! by J. Vandersteen

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 20:20:43 PDT 2014

On 7/8/2014 7:49 PM, jvdsteen1974 at gmail.com wrote:

<snip>
>     "Cretin! How dare you return here then?" Dark Monk yells.
>     "The hero disappeared in a flash of light. We had him on his knees though, I'm sure he is badly hurt."

Hmmmm! Interesting assumption.

 > "Man, I don't even remember us doing anything. Maybe I should cut down on
 > the booze a bit after all," Mark says to himself.

Innnnnnteresting.

>     "Gods you say? Man, I really really need to cut down on the booze... I'm getting delirious."
>"You're not delirious. We're really gods and we're really here," Ares
 > says. "Man, Alexander really did a bad job promoting us."

Haha `-`; The man, er, deity has a point

>    "Have you ever felt more powerful, more alive? Think about the adulation of the masses, the things you will be able to do. You will enjoy being Godling, I'm sure."
>     "I do like adulation," Mark admits. "Okay, I might want to give this gig a shot."

I like how this guy is entirely honest about his flaws. He's significantly
more likeable than I expected from the character description as a "big-shot
Hollywood star".

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, which is good!