LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup - June 2014

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Jul 10 20:53:14 PDT 2014

On 7/10/2014 5:20 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
 > On 7/7/2014 9:06 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:
 >
 >> I have a secret for the readers of RACC:  This status update was
 >> Andrew's idea.  *My* idea was to dump Psychovant and his new bunny
 >> pal into cages in a biology lab in Power City 1955.  But first I
 >> checked with the guy who *wrote* the relevant preceding episode
 >> to see what he'd intended.  And he of course intended to end cascades.
 >
 > Mwahahaha. <3 I like this better - we've got five different worlds
 > colliding so far!*
 >
 > [* SW10, TW03, Looniverse, Tooniverse, and Super-Wizard.]

I got interested, so I started counting.  I got to four
story-multiverses, assuming Looniverse and Charlton/Tooniverse to be
separate.  Within the SW10 continuum there are three variants
represented, which I call MW01, MW02, and TW03.  I'll have a scorecard
with the next episode.

 >>> New Bosnia #2
 >>> "The Land of Coins and Diners"
 >>> A Superhuman World [SW10] miniseries
 >>> by Scott Eiler
 >>>

 >> gee, Andrew, is this the 'nother chapter you intended?  It is to
 >> me.  8{D>
 >
 > Heeheehee. I meant of Just Another Cascade. ^,^

well, yeah, I knew what you *meant*.  Unfortunately your 'Nother Cascade
has ended up in the melting pot.  8{D>

 >>> "Nitpick: Shouldn't Gavrilo's servant-bee be more careful about
 >>> saying his name, due to the 'if you know a Super Wizard's name
 >>> you're immune to their Super Wizard powers' rule? Indeed, how does
 >>> said servant know the name in the first place?"
 >>
 >> Aww, dammit, you're right!  Sort of.  On the one hand, Gavrilo is
 >> increasingly bound by bee rules instead of Super Wizard rules now,
 >> and (in my opinion) the Killer Beeszzz from Beyond *share their
 >> names* in their common bee tongue.  That's exactly why Gavrilo got
 >> himself as far from Beyond as he could in the first place, so as
 >> not to compromizzze Super Wizzzards.  On the other hand, Gavrilo
 >> was a *hermit* Super Wizard and probably didn't share *anything* he
 >> didn't have to.  I reserve the right to retcon this, but I shall
 >> have to consider some dandy plot interactions first.
 >
 > Hmmmm! *nods* Fair enough! <3

Upon review from the judges, the ruling on the field stands!  The
Monster Bees from Beyond did not reveal or even offer their names -
until *commanded to* by their acting swarm commander!  The intermediary
bee named Tor knows nothing of Super Wizard immunity rules, so had no
reason to refuse.  The Super *Hermit* Wizard Monster Bee seems not to
have shared Super Wizard facts with his underling.

Up in the booth, the commentators are saying:

"Yes, this could affect the outcome of this game!  But with all the new
players, and with the new rules about Monster Bees, it's still anyone's
game anyway!"

"But that's just one game.  What about the whole cascading series?"

"I don't know about the LNH locker room, but the Super Wizard coach has
released most of his roster of players!  And back in SW10 or at least
its suburbs, the Chancellor Wyatt says he has a whole farm team system
of *universes* to bring in players from!"

"So, it's still anyone's series, Bill!"

"That's right, Bob!"