[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #48: The Red Hand Of General Dragutin, part 5

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Jul 9 20:12:39 PDT 2014

On 7/9/2014 5:56 PM, Wil Alambre wrote:

> Can't see *anything* but blinding white. There's a sweet
> pause of blinking relief, and then its back to stinging
> blindness as Vaso shines the light into my other pupil. When
> he finally turns it off, I swear I rub my eyes hard enough
> for them to fall out.
>
> "Okay, sir, you seem fine."

I read this, thought he was being examined with bright lights to
determine bee-ness, and then wondered why they all seemed to be on a
different planet.  That was kind of an abrupt jump.

> "Officially, it has an incredibly long and complex serial
> number, but everyone calls it 'Planet M'."

I do like where they ended up, though.  And what they're likely to do there.

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> AUTHOR'S NOTES
>
> I don't often have so much dialogue in a single issue.
> I prefer people acting rather than talking. Keeps the
> action moving. But because I just came off an
> explosion-filled sequence, I thought I could get away
> with a slower chapter. I took the opportunity to
> tell as much as I could with only what characters
> *say*. I even stripped out as much dialogue
> attribution as I though I could get away with. With
> luck, no one gets lost with who said what why :)

The dialogue worked fine for me.  But then I write that way too,
whenever I'm not cartooning or writing someone's diary.

I know. - Archie Andrews