MISC: The Great Alice, Chapter 4: The Stairs

James Mason mason.james.jamesmason at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:04:43 PDT 2014

                             The Great Alice
                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Chapter 4: The Stairs

   THIS PLACE ISN'T AS BIG AS IT APPEARS, THEY SAID. IT'S CRAWLING WITH
MONSTERS, THEY SAID, thought Alice. WELL I HAVE YET TO SEE MONSTERS! AND
THIS PLACE IS BIG, BUT ONLY BECAUSE OF THE GODDAMN STAIRS! WHY ARE THE
STAIRS SO DAMN LONG?

   Actually... are the stairs really that long? She looked behind herself
and noticed that she had barely made it any distance from the
confessional booth.

   OH, FOR-- Okay, okay, calm down. It's obviously a puzzle. Not sure how
this helps me fight monsters, but then again, I wasn't in this business
until around an hour ago.

   Well... maybe I shouldn't touch the stairs! She leaped at the wall and
jumped off it towards the other wall. Unfortunately, she misjudged where
to put her hand, faceplanted on the wall and fell over.

   Ugh. Well, at least that didn't hurt me physically. All right, just
have to try that again... She once again leaped at the wall. She was
able to successfully jump to the second wall... however, she then
noticed that she was walking along the wall, and fell straight down.

   Dang, I was doing well there. She noticed, however, that she was
further away from the bottom of the stairs. At least I'm making some
progress.

   She continued to climb the stairs. She found herself running along the
wall longer and longer, until she could run without falling. She was so
excited she took a victory lap and went back down the stairs once she
reached the top. She fell when she reached the bottom but she wasn't
even embarrassed anymore. She was enjoying herself!