MISC: The Great Alice, Chapter 2: The Wish

James Mason mason.james.jamesmason at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 04:25:29 PDT 2014

                             The Great Alice
                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           Chapter 2: The Wish

   "Okay," said Alice. "I think I've come up with a few things I want."

   "Are you sure? I want you to know what you're in for before you make a
mistake."

"No, I want this! Okay, okay..." Alice took a deep breath. "I WANT THE
ABILITY TO TURN INTO A CAT PERSON AND HAVE SUPER STRENGTH ENDURANCE AND
SPEED! IN FACT I WANT TO SUMMON ENERGY BALLS THAT I SKATE AROUND ON AND
SUMMON AND UNSUMMON THEM ANY TIME I WANT, AND I WANT A SWORD - NO A GUN -
NO A GUN AND A SWORD BUT AS SEPARATE THINGS! AND HAVE THE GUN SHOOT
LASERS AND I CAN COMBINE THEM TO MAKE A LASER SWORD! AND I'LL HAVE A
VISOR THAT HELPS WITH MY VISION BECAUSE IT WOULD PROBABLY SUCK IF I LOSE
MY GLASSES IN BATTLE AND IT WOULD ALSO HAVE THINGS THAT WOULD HELP ME
OUT IN BATTLE LIKE A SCAN THING OR SOME OTHER THING THAT WOULD HELP ME
SEE THE MONSTERS! OH ALSO THE ABILITY TO JUMP REAL HIGH AND JUMP TWICE!
ALSO CONTROLLING MY JUMPS THAT WOULD BE AWESOME AND HELPFUL AND ALSO
BEING ETERNALLY YOUNG AND IMMORTAL!"

"Are-- are you sure?" the mysterious person stutters. "Because I'm not
sure If you can go back if you go through with this."

"...I want this," said Alice sternly.

"All right. I don't think I could convince you to stop!"

The world around Alice suddenly started... changing. What had been a
coffee shop at a corner of a city block suddenly became a structure that
had parts shooting out in all directions, yet at the same time seeming
to go up forever.

"Whoa!" shouted Alice, falling back on her butt. "...ow."

She stood up, dusting herself off. "Could you have at least let me stand
up first? ...hello?"

The person did not respond to her.

"Well, great. What do I..." It was then that she noticed - she was
covered head to toe in fur. She checked for, and found, a cat's tail and
cat ears.

Her excitement could light fireworks. She decided to swing around her
sword, but she noticed a problem - she didn't have a sword. Nor a gun,
nor a visor, and she certainly could not summon energy orbs under her
feet.

Oh no! Did I screw up? Alice thought. Did they only give me the first
thing? Do I have to fight monsters like a normal person?

As if in answer to her question, there was a noise behind her...