8FOLD/HCC: Journey Into # 19, "Wobblies on a Train!"

Tom Russell joltcity at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 18:11:51 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:48:26 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:

>  > In fact, I'm quite partial to trains; I've been more successful with my
>
>  > train-themed board games than any other.
>
> <3 The board game community very much likes trains. (My current train-themed
>
> favorite: Mystery Express.) (As long as one plays without the "time" mechanic,
>
> anyway. Eesh.)

Let me recommend CHICAGO EXPRESS-- probably the best shorter trains-and-stock game, an absolutely cutthroat economics game that's all about emergent alliances, timing, and using money as a weapon. I didn't design it-- but I sure wish I did.

> To be fair, that being a Shakespeare quote by someone who can only speak in
>
> Shakespeare quotes makes it *sliiiiiiiiightly* less rude.

It is ridiculously difficult (as I lampshaded in the story) to write dialogue for such a character.

> > I think she's appeared in more issues of JOURNEY INTO than anyone else.
>

> AS IS APPROPRIATE. I would read every issue of Dr. Fay Team-Up.

Noted.

==Tom