8FOLD/HCC: Journey Into # 19, "Wobblies on a Train!"

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 15:48:26 PDT 2014

On 6/30/2014 7:55 PM, Tom Russell wrote:
> On Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:52:27 PM UTC-4, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On 6/29/2014 2:00 PM, Tom Russell wrote:

<snip>
>>> Bethany is a little surprised by the number of people in the station.
>>> An airport, she would understand. Maybe even a bus station. But a
>>> train? Who rides a train these days?
>>
>> FEH >:/
>
> Should be noted, as always, that I don't necessarily agree with my characters. :-)

Oh, I know. <3

 > In fact, I'm quite partial to trains; I've been more successful with my
 > train-themed board games than any other.

<3 The board game community very much likes trains. (My current train-themed
favorite: Mystery Express.) (As long as one plays without the "time" mechanic,
anyway. Eesh.)

>>>      He clearly doesn't feel the same way. Indeed, he seems furious that
>>> she dared to impede his path. "What's done cannot be undone," he
>>> huffs. He doesn't even help her up.
>>
>> What the hell, man. I hope you're the bad guy. >:/
>
> Got it in one. :-)

To be fair, that being a Shakespeare quote by someone who can only speak in
Shakespeare quotes makes it *sliiiiiiiiightly* less rude.

>> *Very* nice viewpoint shifting.
>
 > Thank you kindly. This sequence was really the crux of the story, and I
 > wasn't sure how well it was going to work with the rewinds. (Got a
 > decidedly mixed reaction from my focus group.) Writing this scene was one
 > of those times I wished I was telling these stories in comics, because
 > though bubbles would get most of this across without having to "replay"
 > over the same bits again and again.

Yeah, but "replaying" gives its own interesting effect. Different media and all~

>>> "So, my lovelies," says Dr. Fay over the speaker phone,
>>
>> DOCTOR FAY WOO
>
> I think she's appeared in more issues of JOURNEY INTO than anyone else.

AS IS APPROPRIATE. I would read every issue of Dr. Fay Team-Up.

>>>      "Still not super-thrilled. Would you be comfortable lying to me?"
>>>      "I am completely confident in my ability to do this."
>>>      "Works for me," says Bethany.
>>
>> BEST TEAMUP
>
 > Thank you very kindly. I was trying to borrow the feel of the old Team-Up
 > books like Marvel Team-Up, Two-In-One, and a less insane Brave and the Bold.

Well you did it super cutely.

>> Such yay. <3
>>
>> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, rly cute story.
>
> Thanks! Not everything I write is about Broody McBrooderton and his stay in Despairville. :-)

Not even the *nice* part of Despairville.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, despair hobos