LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup: December 2013

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Jan 21 18:40:43 PST 2014

On 1/21/2014 2:58 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 16:41:07 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> This all lends itself to "absence of magic being powerful" being a Tech
>> World.
>
> It seems like it could use a better name, then - Mundane? I guess I'd split
> things up a bit more and have several different category names, reflecting,
> a bit more, the things the Council would be concerned about with that world
> - most importantly, how it could threaten them and the rest of the
> multiverse.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, like, biotech vs. nuclear and stuff

"Mundane" might be a possibility, to reflect what I call "Tech".  But
that means the Star Trek universe would be a Mundane World.  (okay,
maybe Superhuman, but Tech seems to drive it.)

The world type is independent from the threat level.  What's a bigger
threat:  the Strategic Air Command, Smaug, or Rippy Offy?  If an even
bigger threat comes along later (to follow up on that Smaug example),
should it really change the world type?

By the current rules of the Congress, the world type goes into the world
name.  So it has to fit into *one character*.  That's how they come up
with tags like "SW10".  Why yes, that's *their* tag.  But rest assured,
they have codes for threat level as well.

I know. - Archie Andrews