LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup: December 2013

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 02:59:14 PST 2014

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 02:28:46 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 1/19/2014 12:44 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 01:01:39 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>>
>>> On 1/18/2014 9:14 AM, Andrew Perron wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> ah, but that's not how the Council of Ordered Realities approaches
>>> things.  That's why they're not the Council of Chaotic Realities.  And
>>> they can measure whether magic, science, or both are the most powerful.
>>> That's hardly a new comics trope.
>>
>> But what does "most powerful" even mean? What does "science being powerful"
>> mean? A lot of people are thinking about molecules?
>
> heh.  I bet this is exactly the sort of thing that the full Congress of
> Ordered Realities debates, while the executive Council says "Whatever"
> and implements policy.  Who wants to send a representative to Congress
> and find out?  8{D>

THESE GUYS THOUGH. *puts on a fictionsuit and stomps there himself*

> oh, and "science being powerful" might just be the absence of "magic
> being powerful".

Possibly.

> Or it might be the presence of the Scientific Method
> in a universe.  But remember, I didn't originally say Science, I said
> Tech.  There's always Tech.

Well, yeah, but "tech being powerful" is equally vague. I mean, the Harry
Potter universe has lots of technology! It has the entire normal world, and
also a magic world within it! Or how about Lord of the Rings? That's got a
lot of technology - wheels, pipes, farming, forging, pulleys, inclined
planes...

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, smelting gold