LNH/REVIEW: Kid Review's Roundup: December 2013

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:41:26 PST 2014

On Fri 17 Jan 2014 Andrew Perron (pwerdna at gmail.com) wrote:
> "A little late with this one - at least, where 'late' is a self-imposed
> deadline of 'within the first week of the month'. Which I think is what
> Saxon used, but he never specified.

It was, and I have a vague memory that I did specify at some point (and
probably also moaned about it when I started habitually breaking that
deadline), but after all this time I'd have to go back and search to
find an actual example.

> Catalog of Earths #1-5
[...]
> "And then, of course, there's Psychovant, who, like a good deranged
> antihero, has full metafictional awareness and a snarky attitude about it.
> It's clear that Scott's not holding back, letting some pretty incisive
> criticisms out through the duck's mouth

Psychovant is always lots of fun, combining fourth wall breaking with
obnoxious truth-telling

> Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #57
[...]
> "Also, Saxon's NTB stories often involve an LNHer in Standard Superhero
> Thought Pattern Mode as a complication. I don't have anything in particular
> to say about this; I just think it's interesting."

Oh dear crap on a stick, I hadn't recognised that.  (If I wanted an excuse,
I could make up something about how since these are NTB stories taking
place in highjacked issues of an LNH series, they require an LNH guest
appearance to metatextually anchor it, or something,  but the truth is
that I didn't realise I was doing it.)  Hmm.  Now I'm wondering if I
should do a 'straight' NTB story just to buck the trend...

---
Saxon Brenton
Thinking thinky thoughts...